So in my first year of teaching I learned from some of my favorite kindergarten teachers from Forestridge (Mrs. Bond and Mrs. Richardson)that after Spring Break in order to see the perverbial "light" at the end of the tunnel you count only the Mondays that are left in the school year. This number seems more manageable than the total number of days that are left thus tricking the mind into thinking that it's not that long. Oddly enough, it totally works! SO there are only 10 Mondays left in the 2006-2007 school year. YES!
During my excellent Spring Break of Rest and Relaxation and Blessing, I re-evaluated how I had been spending my time because I was feeling like I've been buring the candle at both ends. I was busy four out of five weeknights every week, and it was just too much. I obviously can't cut out Bible Study or French lessons since I'll need both of those things while in Morocco. That left Young Life to cut. I prayed about it, and asked advice of peeps who I trust. Everybody (God included) seemed to agree that YL had to go. It makes me sad to not be involved anymore, but I wasn't having enough time to do the other things that needed to be done. My last Club was on Monday. It was a fun one to go out on though---the video scavenger hunt! I love doing these things, and the kids are hysterical to watch. YL is a great thing, and I think every kid should have an opportunity to be involved. Chris and Brittany are amazing, and deserve every blessing for giving their lives up for these kiddos.
Thanks for reading. . .somebody told me that they thought Melissa's blog from the summer showed more excitment for being there, and if you felt like that was the case I'm sorry. I was pumped to be there, and I'm even more pumped to go back! God is moving, and I'm happy to get to be a part of that. I'll try to convey that better in my blog postings :]
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment