I absolutely love spring!!! When the weather starts getting warmer it puts me in the mood to clean, reorganize, and get rid of the stuff I haven't used over the past fall and winter. This is better known as Spring Cleaning. On Friday, a girl who was a fourth grade student teacher this fall came by to relieve me of a LOT of junk that I've collected over my five years of teaching. It was a really, really great feeling to have it all gone. My classroom looks so fresh and so clean, clean (that's an Outkast reference, BTW). I came up on Sunday to start packing up my books. It was a little sad, but again. . .the feeling of getting organized trumped the sadness :]
I packed a bunch of stuff at home this weekend too, and talked my mom into coming up on Saturday to help me cart home a load of stuff. My brother and sister are inheriting most of my furniture and accessories so they were happy for her to make the trip since they will definitely benefit. It's weird to be packing up. Megs is moving out this weekend, and I'm really going to miss her being around all the time. She is always good for a laugh, and helps me be more sensitive to other's feelings.
On a happier note, I had a student (who shall remain nameless) decide to begin homeschooling effective Monday, February 26th. He was a handful at times, but we will miss him. I hope he is getting what he needs in his new homeschooling environment. I'm a little worried about him, but God will take care of him. . .I hope.
Okay, I have to run to French lessons so I can know what folks are saying to me in North Africa! I have a saved post from when I was in Orlando that I will try to clean up and post tonight.
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am going to miss you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!
Post a Comment